Emory University, a top-ranked private institution recognized internationally for its outstanding liberal arts colleges, graduate and professional schools, and one of the world's leading health care systems, is located on a beautiful campus in Atlanta, Georgia's historic Druid Hills neighborhood. Whatever your interest in Emory, we would welcome your visit to campus.
Emory maintains an uncommon balance for an institution of its standing: our scholars and experts generate more than $572 million in research funding annually while also maintaining a traditional emphasis on teaching. The University is enriched by collaboration among its schools, centers, and partners as well as by the legacy and energy of Atlanta.
The 2015 Annual Report demonstrates the myriad ways in which "Emory Leads" with robust sections that include Confronting Global Challenges, Educating the Next Generation, Creating Knowledge, Advancing Caring and Healing, and Transforming Society.
POINTS OF PRIDE
- Academic Excellence : The association of 62 leading research universities invites members considered to be on the leading edge of innovation, scholarship and solutions that contribute to society's well-being.Students participate through internships and lectures at Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter's nonprofit, which works in partnership with Emory to advance peace and health worldwide.
- Advancing Sustainability : Emory identifies sustainability as a top campus priority, with a vision to help restore the global ecosystem, foster healthy living and reduce the university's environmental impact.
- Award-Winning Students : The university supports a well-rounded student experience by fostering a balanced approach to academic, cocurricular and extracurricular interests and achievements.
- Breakthrough Research : Emory is recognized as one of the nation's leading research universities. We maintain collaborative partnerships with a host of neighboring organizations such as the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Community Life : Emory's vision statement calls on community members to work collaboratively to achieve positive change. We're glad to be making a difference.
- Distinguished Professors : Emory students have access to a remarkable asset: Emory faculty. Students learn from dedicated teachers who are also recognized for their distinctive research expertise.
- Famous Alumni : Emory alumni include a U.S. vice president, a Supreme Court justice, U.S. senators and representatives, governors, university presidents, philanthropists, Pulitzer Prize winners, entrepreneurs, entertainers and an astronaut.
- Global Engagement : Through transformative research and scholarship, Emory University advances knowledge and provides critical intellectual resources to address our most pressing global challenges. Emory equips a diverse and engaged community of learners to serve and lead in an increasingly interconnected world.
- Top Rankings :One of the top most ranking University in Georgia..